Raspberry Pi (External HDD with LUKS + Berryboot)
From Void Linux Wiki
- Berryboot comes with LUKS pre-installed
- I/O operations on the rpi will be significantly faster, since an external HDD will be used!
Making a SquashFS image
- Get the most recent rpi rootfs from the Void downloads page.
- On a host system (with squashfs-tools installed), run:
$ mkdir temp $ tar -C temp/ -xf <path to void rootfs tarball> $ mksquashfs temp void.img -comp lzo
This will convert the Raspberry Pi rootfs to a squashfs image.
- Format SD to FAT
- Grab release from http://www.berryterminal.com/doku.php/berryboot
- Extract to SD
- Make images folder
- Copy void.img to the images folder
- Boot the pi
- Follow HDD instructions on berryboot - set the LUKS password
- Mouse-over 'Add OS' and hold - a menu for install from usb will appear
- Add void.img (unsure, if it's not possible to find -- copy it to another usb and repeat instead)
- Boot! GPU memory split can be changed in settings, and other settings can be changed in
- Setup network
- Configure /etc, locale...
- $ xbps-install -Su
- Add user
- ssh settings (permitRootLogin no)